Firm Continues to Expand its Africa Practice
09 Dec 2015
International law firm Simmons & Simmons continues to expand its Africa practice through its local alliances and the strength of these offerings.
Simmons & Simmons advise on a wide variety of projects in Africa, including mining and natural resources, energy and infrastructure projects, telecommunications and corporate deals, as well as finance and project finance transactions and disputes.
Our Africa practice spans our entire network across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. A core of experienced lawyers in each of our international offices allows coverage of Anglophone, Francophone and Lusophone countries across the continent, meaning that language barriers are overcome with ease.
The firm has alliances in eight jurisdictions in Africa with the following law firms:
- Fasken Martineau – South Africa
- Kampala Associated Advocates (KAA) – Uganda
- KSK Société d’Avocats (KSK) – Côte d’Ivoire
- MC&A – Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau and Sao Tome & Principe
These alliances enhance the strength of the all of the respective firms’ offerings, and give our clients immediate access to leading Africa practices with recognised expertise across multiple sectors and practice areas.
Notes to editors:
The strength of our African practice is shown by the fact we regularly advise some of Africa’s largest companies both for their investments and operations in Africa and off-shore. Our experience allows us to offer our clients an in-depth understanding of local and regional issues and to help them overcome specific jurisdictional challenges.
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons has worked in all 54 of the Africa nations and has been operating in Africa for over 20 years. We advise on a huge variety of projects, including mining and natural resources; energy and infrastructure projects; telecoms and corporate deals; as well as finance and project finance transactions and disputes. The Africa practice spans the entire network across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. A core of experienced lawyers, working from many of the firm’s international offices, provides coverage of Anglophone, Francophone and Lusophone countries across the continent, meaning that language barriers are overcome with ease.
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at email@example.com