Firm Advises SAS Atream And Home Invest Belgium On Port Zélande Acquisition
06 Dec 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has advised fund manager SAS Atream on behalf of French institutional investors and Home Invest Belgium on the acquisition of 330 cottages, the central facilities and public space in holiday park Port Zélande, Ouddorp, the Netherlands from Gran Dorado Port Zélande B.V.
Atream is an independent real estate asset and fund management company (OPCI, FIA) specialised in arranging club deals designed for institutional or experienced private investors. Atream funds invest in hospitality, residential and commercial real estate assets. The acquisition is Atream’s first in the Netherlands, and it aligns perfectly with Atream’s strategy.
Home Invest Belgium is a public Regulated Real Estate Company (GVV/SIR), which was established in 1999 and is listed on the regulated market of Euronext Brussels.
This acquisition, its first outside Belgium shows Home Invest Belgium's capacity to be a reference in residential real estate, to a large extent, from studio for students to secondary houses, through traditional apartments to new types of housing.
Rob Hendriks and Luc Cohen, who led the team, commented: “During this instruction we were able to show our full service offering both in Amsterdam, where we provided real estate, M&A, lease, construction, corporate, finance, notarial services advice, and in Paris where we provided real estate and finance advice.”
Other members of the team included Siemkje Batenburg, Anne-Fleur van ‘t Hooft, Cathelijne Otte, Birte Kersten, Andrea Chao, Martijn Stuart, Victoria den Haring, Marieke Driessen, Celine Larmet and Vincent Engel.
Notes to editors
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on + 44 20 7825 3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at email@example.com