Firm Advises on Oxford BioDynamics AIM IPO
07 Dec 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has advised on the flotation of Oxford BioDynamics on AIM.
The Simmons & Simmons team, led by partner Charles Mayo, advised the nominated adviser and broker Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited on the admission of Oxford BioDynamics to AIM and the placing of 12,658,228 Ordinary Shares at 158 pence per share, giving it a market capitalisation of around £136m.
This is the latest in a series of transactions that Simmons & Simmons has advised on in the life sciences sector, having advised REX Bionics plc, Venture Life plc and NetScientific plc on their flotations and further deals as public companies. The firm also advised JP Morgan on the record-breaking Circassia IPO and subsequent placing and open offer.
Commenting on the transaction, Charles Mayo, said: ‘‘Personalised medicine is an area of immense potential for the life sciences sector. We were pleased to be able to use our sector expertise in support of Stifel as they assisted Oxford BioDynamics to take the company public.’’
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by Charles Mayo, assisted by Tim Wass and Haya Aftab and included Richard Binns (IP) and Jim McInerney (US Securities). Nick Cronkshaw and Zoe Arnautov provided input on tax matters.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. Our global life sciences team comprises over 120 lawyers as well as industry specialists with medical, pharmaceutical and other scientific qualifications based across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The team’s work on the Dementia Discovery Fund and Apollo Therapeutics Investment Fund was recognised at the 2016 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
6. Oxford BioDynamics is a revenue-generating, biotechnology company spun out from Oxford University whose technology analyses biomarkers in the blood to help identify patients’ responses to pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, in therapeutic areas such as oncology, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
7. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on + 44 20 7825 3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org , or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at email@example.com