Firm Invests in the Netherlands with Third New Partner Appointment This Month
01 Jul 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands in Amsterdam with the appointment of Erwin Bos who joins the firm as a partner* in its financial markets group on 01 July.
Erwin will be based in the firm’s banking and restructuring team in Amsterdam and joins from Clifford Chance where he was a Counsel. He specialises in restructuring and insolvency and has significant experience in advising stakeholders on all related matters.
Erwin is the third new partner to the financial markets group that the firm has announced this month, following the appointment of Jeroen Bos as a partner, also based in Amsterdam, and Felix Biedermann as a partner based in Frankfurt.
Jonathan Hammond, head of the firm’s international financial markets group, commented: "we are pleased to welcome Erwin to our financial markets group. His arrival is the third appointment to the group this month and further strengthens our international financial markets capabilities. Not only this, but Erwin’s imminent arrival emphasizes the firm’s commitment to our offering and the financial institutions sector more broadly".
René van Eldonk, head of the firm’s financial markets group in Amsterdam, continued: "Erwin’s appointment also demonstrates the firm’s commitment to the region and our ongoing plans to expand our banking and restructuring practice in the Netherlands. His expertise enhances the know-how of our existing partners, who are currently working across the financial institutions sector. Erwin will bring real value to our banking and restructuring team, both on the ground in Amsterdam and more widely across our international network".
Notes to editors:
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at email@example.com
or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Enquiries for images of Erwin should be made through the firm’s press office above.