Firm Expands International Corporate Group
02 May 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands in Paris with the appointment of Simonetta Giordano who joins the firm as a partner* in its corporate and commercial practice on 02 May.
Simonetta joins the firm from Clifford Chance where she was a Counsel. She specialises in M&A and corporate finance transactions in the life sciences sector and has extensive experience in both domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, including in Africa.
Mark Curtis, head of the firm’s international corporate and commercial group, commented: “We are pleased to welcome Simonetta to our corporate practice. Her arrival marks the continued development and investment in our current M&A capability and expertise, while adding further industry strength to our life sciences sector
Thierry Gontard, head of the firm’s Paris office continued: "Simonetta’s appointment demonstrates our commitment to continued investment in Europe and the planned expansion of our French practice. Her expertise complements those of our existing partners who advise across the life sciences sector, both in Paris and internationally.
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com