Firm Expands Intellectual Property Group in Germany
16 Nov 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has expanded its international intellectual property group in Germany this week with the addition of Michael Knospe, who joins the firm’s Munich office today as a partner.*
Michael, an IP lawyer, has a strong focus on trade marks and unfair competition. He also has experience in IT, media and software litigation, as well as patent litigation. Michael has been a litigator for many years and has valuable experience across a number sectors, including TMT and consumer goods. Michael is joined by counsel Caroline von Nussbaum and supervising associate Massimo Bellitto-Grillo.
Commenting on the appointment, partner and head of the firm’s dispute resolution group, Hans-Hermann Aldenhoff, commented: “As intellectual property rights and considerations across international jurisdictions increase, Michael’s arrival will add further strength to our intellectual property team across the firm, and the existing offering to our clients and their businesses.”
Partner and intellectual property group head, Rowan Freeland, continued: “We are excited to welcome Michael to our team and are eager to get to work with him. Michael’s arrival is a real vote of confidence in the firm’s international intellectual property practice and his presence will strengthen both our intellectual property offering on the ground in Germany and our wider international practice”.
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons has been at the forefront of IP law and practice for more than 35 years and consistently involved in many of the leading IP cases and transactions. We offer a full service IP practice providing clients with an unparalleled level of expertise and service. Our lawyers are recognised as leading practitioners in their fields by leading directories and we offer industry expertise and focus, in particular in life sciences, TMT, consumer goods, financial institutions, transport and energy.
5. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 207 825 3134 or email@example.com or Lauryn McKinney Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org