Firm Expands UK Banking Capabilities With Team Hire
09 Jan 2017
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has expanded its UK banking team this week with the addition of Jen Yee Chan.
Jen Yee joined the firm in London as a partner* on 09 January from King & Wood Mallesons, along with her team: Of Counsel Cameron Roper and Supervising Associate Oleksandr Pankiv.
Jen Yee’s practice focuses on funds finance and general bank lending, acting for banks, private equity houses and financial institutions. She has strong relationships with a range of bank and fund clients and her practice also encompasses real estate finance and work for multi-lenders and in emerging markets.
Jonathan Hammond, head of the firm’s financial institutions sector and financial markets group said: “We are delighted to welcome Jen Yee and her team to the firm. Jen Yee’s focus on the growing funds finance market, and her close alignment to the financial institutions and asset management & investment funds sectors will create value for our clients in a number of areas.”
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Our international financial markets practice advises many of the world’s leading financial institutions and corporates on a wide range of financial markets products. We deal with the most complex and groundbreaking work – work that involves thinking flexibly combined with a real understanding of our clients.
5. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or email email@example.com , or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org