Firm Expands its Investigations Practice in Amsterdam
03 Jan 2017
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has expanded its crime, fraud & investigations practice this week with the addition of David Schreuders who joins the firm’s Amsterdam office as a partner.*
David Schreuders joined the firm from DLA Piper on 02 January 2017. He has broad experience as both a litigator and investigator in multi-jurisdictional corporate investigations and criminal defence litigation. David’s experience is partially advisory work, including corporate investigations, as well as compliance audits and litigation.
Pieter van Uchelen, head of the firm’s Amsterdam office, commented: “We are excited to welcome David to our team and are eager to see what his wide variety of corporate crime and compliance experience will bring to our investigations practice more broadly. David’s expertise crosses over a number of the firm’s key sectors and is directly in line with the focus of the Amsterdam office.”
Hans-Herman Aldernhoff, head of the firm’s dispute resolution group, continued: “David’s arrival complements those of our existing international partners, who advise right across the broader dispute resolution practice”.
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. We offer the full range of litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution services. We also have highly-regarded specialist, contentious regulatory and crime, fraud & investigations practices. Our contentious intellectual property and employment groups are acknowledged market leaders.
5. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com