Litigation Partner Relocates to Hong Kong to Further Strengthen Regional Practice
16 Jan 2017
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has announced the relocation of litigation and regulatory partner, Marc Thorley who has commenced work in the firm’s Hong Kong office having recently moved from London.
Marc Thorley has been a partner in the Simmons & Simmons London office since 2008, and brings a wealth of litigation experience to the firm’s dispute resolution practice in Asia. With a particular focus on financial markets litigation, investigations and contentious regulatory, Marc will work with colleagues across the firm’s Asian offices. He will also contribute to the firm’s regional offering in corporate litigation.
Notes to editors
Over the years, Marc’s work has received numerous accolades, including the Legal Innovation in Dispute Resolution award by the Financial Times.
Tom Fyfe, partner and head of the firm’s dispute resolution group in Asia, commented: “Marc’s highly regarded expertise in financial litigation and regulatory enforcement will significantly strengthen our existing dispute resolution platform in China and South East Asia. During his time as a partner in the London office, Marc spent over a year on secondment to a major international bank, which has given him a valuable insight into the key commercial, legal and regulatory challenges being faced by global financial institutions. We are delighted to welcome Marc to Asia, as we continue to expand our regional dispute resolution offerings.”
On his move, Marc added; “The opportunity to work closer geographically with the Asian disputes group is exciting. The links forged with our clients over the past number of years has seen the firm act on many impressive cases and investigations and I look forward to continuing in this vein.”
The Simmons & Simmons dispute resolution practice is recognised as market-leading. The firm is trusted by clients to handle the largest and most complex international cases, with a track record in high-profile disputes, an integrated practice and strong sector focus.
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to http://www.simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. We offer the full range of litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution services. We also have highly-regarded specialist, contentious regulatory and crime, fraud & investigations practices. Our contentious intellectual property and employment groups are acknowledged market leaders.
6. For further information, please contact Avnee Trivedy, Communications & PR Manager on +44 20 7825 4133 or at email@example.com
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Thomas Gregory, PR agency, email: email@example.com