Christian heads the Corporate and Commercial practice in our Paris office. His core practice consists of advising on private mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, with an emphasis on the life sciences and TMT sectors. Almost all of Christian’s work is cross-border, often involving investments or divestments in France or francophone Africa. He has been permanently based in Paris since 1998, and is fluent in French.
Christian is dual qualified as an Avocat à la Cour in France and as a solicitor in England and Wales.
In addition to his work in France, Christian has advised on matters in over 20 countries across the African continent, from Algeria to Zambia.
- Recent Work
- advising Wright Medical Group N.V. on the acquisition of Imascap SAS, a leader in the development of software-based solutions for preoperative planning of shoulder replacement surgery, for up to €75.1m
- advising Wright Medical Group N.V. on the sale of its large joints (hip/knee) business to Corin Orthopaedics Holdings Limited
- advising Sealed Air Corporation on the sale of its French protective packaging business to Jovipack
- advising Sealed Air Corporation on its acquisition of B+ Equipment, a company headquartered in France that designs, manufactures and services automated packaging equipment
- advising Fugro on the acquisition of the Geofor group, which has operating subsidiaries in Cameroon, Gabon, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville) and São Tomé e Principe that provide a range of geotechnical consulting services, as well as hydrology and land surveys
- advising MTN Group on the US$284m sale and leaseback of mobile network towers by its subsidiaries in Cameroon and Côte d'Ivoire to IHS
- advising MTN Group on the sale and leaseback of mobile network towers by its subsidiaries in Rwanda and Zambia to IHS for an undisclosed amount.
Christian became a partner of Simmons & Simmons in 2007. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, he spent over ten years at a major international law firm in London and Paris.
Christian led the team that won the “TMT team of the year” awards at the British Legal Awards 2014 and the Legal Business Awards 2015, for advice on transactions in Rwanda and Zambia.