Colin is head of the asset management and investment funds sector and a partner in the corporate group in London. He specialises in the financial institutions sector and leads the corporate team providing advice to the firm’s asset management clients.
- Recent Work
- advising BlueCrest on the repurchase of a minority investment held by the Man group for in excess of US$650m and on the separation of the Systematica business
- advising a fund promoted and advised by a leading investment bank in relation to various minority investments in asset managers
- establishing various alternative investment management groups and advising on the conversion of various alternative investment managers to limited liability partnerships including Lansdowne, Egerton and BlueBay
- advising the shareholders/partners of various hedge fund managers on minority investments by institutional investors including in Lansdowne Partners, Spinnaker Capital and Brevan Howard
- advising on the reorganisations of the BlueCrest and Brevan Howard groups in connection with the establishment of operations in Switzerland
- advising a number of managers on their partnership/shareholder arrangements and advising many US managers on their UK operations.
Colin trained and qualified at Simmons & Simmons having joined in 1980 and became a partner in 1986. He was based in our Hong Kong office for seven years as head of the Corporate and Finance group, and returned to the Corporate group in London in 1996.