Dan is a banking and projects partner based in our financial markets practice in Asia. He has considerable experience in acting for banks, corporate borrowers and project parties on major financing transactions in the Asia Pacific region on matters ranging from acquisition financings, the development and financing of infrastructure projects in the energy/oil & gas and transport sectors, electricity generation (including Cleantech), water and wastewater projects, mines and mining related activities, commodity trade flows and a range of structured financing transactions.
- Recent Work
- advising an Asian mezzanine fund on the refinancing of existing facilities to a global entertainment group
- acting for a major international bank in undertaking a due diligence of a substantial Asian multijurisdictional loan portfolio for the purposes of a proposed acquisition
- acting for the banks on a syndicated multi-option gold loan facility to a listed gold mining company
- acting for Finders Resources Limited on the project financing for the development of its copper mine in Indonesia
- acting for ANZ, HSBC and Rabobank (as MLAs) on the syndicated acquisition financing facility to Willmar for its acquisition of Sucrogen from CSR (with a total facility value of US$1.9bn). This deal was selected by AsiaMoney as Asia Pacific Syndicated Deal of the Year 2010
- acting for European based integrated trading company on the funding of investments in, and development of, Indonesian coal projects
- advising sponsor and investor in the successful consortium for the Melbourne Desalination Plant, and, in particular, advising on the commercial debt funding documentation, the government funding and support facilities and direct agreements with major project parties. Value: approx A$3.2bn.
- acting for AGL Energy on the acquisition financing and project financing in connection with AGL Energy’s development and sale of the Oaklands Hill wind farm project in Australia. This deal was selected by Project Finance International as APAC Renewables Deal of the Year 2011.
Dan holds current practicing certificates in England and Wales and New South Wales and has over 12 years experience living and working in Asia.
He has worked on transactions in Australia, Azerabaijan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, India, Ireland, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., the UK and Vietnam.