Iain has broad experience of all aspects of commercial property with a particular emphasis on real estate investment and landlord and tenant matters. He has specific expertise in property-related insolvency and recovery matters, in retail property (including development) and sustainability issues in the property sector. He regularly acts for institutional investors, occupiers and insolvency practitioners and has lectured extensively on aspects of property law and practice.
Iain is a member of the firm’s Brexit team. Click here for more information.
- Recent Work
- acting for a fund managed by ING Real Estate Investment Management on the sale of two office buildings in Egham, Surrey to an institutional investor for total consideration in excess of £29m
- acting for clients of Aberdeen Property Investors on the acquisition, disposal and redevelopment of various property investments
- acting for a German investor on the disposal of a West End office building for consideration in excess of £40m
- advising Halfords on the acquisition of new stores in the UK and Ireland, the regearing and renewal of existing leases and the property aspects of the disposal of 120 garage service centres
- advising LPA Receivers on all property aspects of numerous disposals, including prime City offices, high-end residential, leisure and retail.
Iain is a partner in the real estate group at Simmons & Simmons, having joined the firm in 1997 and qualified as a solicitor in 1999. He is a graduate of the University of Cambridge, a Fellow of the Royal College of Organists, and a member of the Investment Property Forum. Iain is the Real Estate partner for our new UK office, in Bristol.