We have been established in China for over 30 years. The combined strength of our Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing offices, working closely with our international network of offices, makes us one of the leading international full service law firms in China.
We focus on the following core areas:
- Capital markets: equity raisings including global offerings and listings on the Hong Kong, London and New York stock exchanges a wide range of debt capital markets instruments, including offshore RMB products both on an institutional and retail basis
- Corporate: all aspects of M&A and FDI into China, including establishment of foreign investment enterprises (wholly owned foreign enterprises, joint ventures, holding companies and companies limited by shares) and R&D facilities, representative
offices, regulatory compliance, corporate governance and general investment advice
- Dispute resolution: advising on litigation strategy, anticorruption, arbitration (in particular, CIETAC arbitrations) and ADR in relation to foreign investment, joint venture, energy and commercial disputes
- Employment: all aspects of the employment relationship including employee entitlements and protection under local PRC and other laws, documentation, termination disputes, redundancies and restructuring, secondments and regional projects
- Finance: a wide variety of financial markets work including banking, project finance, trade and commodities finance, acquisition finance, financial leasing, ECA finance, structured products and debt capital markets, derivatives, treasury management, investment funds and regulatory advice
- Information, communications and technology: IT, ecommerce and the Internet, broadcasting and media, telecommunications, fibre optic network, venture capital related transactions, outsourcing, data protection and regulatory issues
- Insolvency and restructuring: all aspects of corporate restructuring, pre and post-insolvency, workouts, distressed debt and assets
- Intellectual property: contentious and non-contentious work including copyright, patent, trade mark, anti-counterfeiting and licensing issues, IP due diligence and IP related dispute resolution
- Major projects: project development, project finance, construction, EPC and other transactional aspects of energy, power, water, infrastructure, transport and other major projects.