United Arab Emirates
Having had offices in the UAE for over 20 years we have extensive experience across all industries. We believe we are the only international law firm in the Middle East able to provide both local and international legal advice including local law opinions from all of our offices in the region. We provide a comprehensive and integrated service that covers our clients’ requirements throughout the Middle East, wherever their business takes them.
Our Middle East team includes an Arabic speaking partner and five Arabic speaking associates who can assist clients with their Arabic language legal advice.
Aabar Energy PJSC
- in relation to the US$877.5m sale of Singapore based Pearl Energy, an upstream oil company with assets in South East Asia, which included the early redemption of Aabar’s convertible Sukuk.
Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA)
- on the US$2.5bn Sohar Aluminium and Power Project in Oman.
- on a suite of projects involving complex IP development, IP licensing, assignment documentation and cross border securitisation of IP assets for a high value defence transaction.
- on the Al Raha Beach mega project spread over 500 ha and valued at US$15bn.
- advising on the US$200m IPO of Arab International Logistics Company, a UAE public joint stock company, and listing on the Dubai Financial Market. We advised on the due diligence which included 29 jurisdictions as well as the restructuring of the public joint stock company.
- advising the Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company on its IPO of 20% of its share capital valued at US$658m.
- in respect of the procurement and construction of the UAE’s multi-billion dollar national rail network.
Dubai Islamic Bank
- advising Dubai Islamic Bank on the structuring of a Pan-European Islamic real estate fund and several acquisitions (including Shariah compliant financing of such acquisitions) by the fund in Germany and France.
- advising the Roads and Transport Authority on the operation and maintenance contracts for the Dubai Metro.
Emirates International Telecommunications LLC
- advising Emirates International Telecommunications L.L.C. and GO Plc on their EUR93.83m acquisition of a 1% stake in Greek telco ForthNet S.A.
Equinix (the Nasdaq listed international data centre provider)
- on their acquisition of a data centre facility in Dubai and on an alliance with Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company PJSC (du) to deliver data centre and interconnection services to customers.
- in respect of all aspects of procurement, operation and maintenance of the new Abu Dhabi multi-billion dollar metro system.
RWE Technology GmbH
- on their joint venture with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) to develop a leading service company for energy consulting in the region (nominated for M&A Deal of the Year at the IFLR Middle East Awards 2013).
- on its US$1bn (10 yrs) US$1.5bn (30 yrs) and €750m (7 yrs) bond issues. The bonds were arranged by Goldman Sachs and listed on the London Stock Exchange. The bonds represent the largest ever capital markets offering, and also the biggest ever eurobond and longdollar issues, by a Middle Eastern company.
- in relation to the multibillion dollar development of Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi.
UAE Securities and Commodities Authority
- drafting regulations in relation to commercial bonds and Islamic Sukuk in the Middle East.