Environment Criminal Liability
We are trusted by numerous major companies with civil claims and criminal prosecutions, and our experience includes:
- representing global and FTSE 100 clients in the criminal courts in respect of prosecutions for EHS matters including pollution incidents and waste management offences. Liability has been mitigated on many occasions
- advising a major UK waste company in which a number of senior officers were targeted by the Environment Agency. By working with technical experts, and providing counsel during the interviews under caution, all charges were dropped, and the matter never went to court.
Clients benefit from our:
- excellent success rate representing individuals who face allegations of personal liability
- defence representation capability for interviews under caution and criminal proceedings
- experience throughout all phases of the investigation process including dealing with the authorities.