Both registered and unregistered designs are a useful weapon in the rights owners armoury against infringers and counterfeiters.
We offer a one stop international design rights service to our clients advising on the full range of clearance, registration, conflict resolution, enforcement and portfolio management services including:
- clearance (locally, regionally and internationally) and advising on filing programmes
- registration of registered designs, filing and defending opposition, invalidity and revocation proceedings
- portfolio management
- enforcement litigation
- investigations and registration of IP rights with Customs and dealing with resulting border detentions
- running anti-counterfeiting programmes
- providing watch services to alert to third part use or registration
- advising on all forms of transactions affecting designs from isolated assignments to complex multinational licensing arrangements involving numerous registrations.
We also advise on all aspects of ownership, protection, exploitation and enforcement of unregistered design rights.
We have considerable experience in dealing with disputes and a good track record for obtaining resolution prior to court.