The medical devices industry is under constant pressure to innovate and yet remain price competitive. Protecting and defending inventions, securing collaboration partners, managing public procurement issues and product liability are just some of the challenges that we help our clients overcome.
With the borderline between drugs, devices, advanced therapies, cosmetics and even foods becoming ever more blurred, and ever tightening compliance requirements generally, our experienced team can also advise on the regulatory aspects of commercialising the very latest medical devices technology.
Our international life sciences team also advises on:
- the impact of recent environmental legislation such as the EU REACH regulation and WEEE directive
- strategies to combat the growing tide of counterfeit consumer medical devices
- compliance with anti corruption legislation and dealing with other corporate crime issues
- international trade mark filing and maintenance service for branded devices.
We have dedicated life sciences lawyers in growth markets for medical devices production and consumption such as China and the Middle East, as well as throughout our European network. Our lawyers are active members of medical devices trade bodies in their jurisdictions, so are ideally placed to assist with new challenges and opportunities as they arise.
Our experience includes:
- advising 3M UK in proceedings relating to the multi-million dollar claim by Porton Capital and Ploughshare Innovations Limited in the Commercial Court
- Becton Dickinson on the disposal of the majority of their Discovery labware business to Corning Inc. for US$730m
- Union MedTech plc on the acquisition of Rex Bionics Limited and its IPO
- NetScientific plc on its admission to AIM and £30m placing