We handle all aspects of EU and national merger control, from initial analysis through to in depth Phase II investigations. As well as assisting clients with the complexities of making a filing to the European Commission and/or National Competition Authorities, we offer advice on strategy, interaction with the overall deal, conditionality and potential further options. As a result of our years of experience in this area, we also have an invaluable understanding of the workings of the European Commission and national competition authorities.
In our merger control practice, we opt for a relationship based approach: we want to understand the business of our clients. In our experience, this is critical when handling strategic operations for a client. Regular advisers who know the business of their clients are able to identify potential issues early on in the process and get the deal through in the most efficient and cost effective way.
We act for a broad spectrum of clients, from investors, private equity houses and financial institutions to industrial companies, retail companies, those in the media and service providers.
Our services include:
- assessment of the transaction and advice on potential competition issues
- preliminary screening of the jurisdictions where filings may be required
- preparation of the notiofication file, including informal pre-notification contacts with the relevant authorities
- coordinating filings in different jurisdictions
- getting the deal through, including where necessary the negotiation of an appropriate remedy package