Regulatory Advice & Emissions Trading
Our detailed knowledge ensures that all the environmental regulatory advice clients might require is catered for, covering areas such as:
- the Carbon Reduction Commitment
- support for renewables including multi-jurisdictional comparisons (e.g. Renewable Obligation Cerificates, Feed-in-Tarriffs (FITs) Renewable Heat Incentive)
- the green building agenda
- the emerging renewable heat incentives
- development of renewable energy technologies
- product safety and recall including WEEE, ROHS and REACH.
Our international clients trust our team to handle the fast paced changes in law and regulations, including:
- setting up emission trading desks for investment banks
- Rhodia when it required strategic and compliance advice regarding their participation in UK and EU Emissions Trading Scheme and on CDM projects
- a major commercial offset retailer which required the negotiation of ‘Gold Standard’ VER emission reduction purchase agreements
- NRG when it co-invested with Energy Developments Ltd on landfill and methane gas extraction throughout Australia and East Asia.