“They understand the commercial impact of their advice on our business and the commercial rationale behind your questions” (Chambers UK)
Simmons & Simmons’ debt capital markets team advises issuers, investment banks and institutional investors on a wide range of financings including:
convertible and exchangeable bonds
Islamic financing (including Sukuk)
liability management and bond restructurings
regulatory capital and corporate hybrids
strategic equity solutions
structured debt and high yield bonds.
Why Simmons & Simmons?
“Equivalent to Magic Circle firms but with more pragmatism” (Legal 500)
We think the quote above sums up what we do best. Here are some of the other things we offer:
- we are fully immersed in capital markets work and “know the market” – for this reason, major financial institutions such as JPMorgan entrust us with their own EMTN Programmes
- three of the core members of our London team worked together for a number of years at one of the magic circle law firms prior to joining Simmons & Simmons – the quality of our work and our experience is unquestioned.
- a core member of our London team worked for 2 ½ years in a major UK bank advising its Treasury function on all aspects of its capital and funding plan and has experience gained from his time there that no one at any other firm can offer
- uniquely among our peers, we have a dedicated Listing Team which handles all aspects of the listing application for capital markets transactions (for example, in 2014, the Listing Team handled 170 listings). The team is in daily contact with the UKLA and other regulators and so can ensure a smooth process for any listing application
- we have a highly experienced corporate trustee team, as well as full US securities law capability; and
- we pride ourselves on providing outstanding service with full partner involvement and a focus on timely delivery and value for money – partners involve themselves fully in the work, which we believe is reflected in the consistently high quality of our work.