New Beijing Partner
01 Mar 2012
Finance Partner Appointed in Beijing
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has continued the expansion of its China practice with the appointment of Yongmei Evers Cai as a Financial Markets partner in the Beijing office.
Yongmei was previously a partner at King & Wood Beijing. She has extensive experience advising international and Chinese insitutions, and specialises in banking, cross-border finance, derivatives, debt capital markets and real estate finance work.
Paul Li, Simmons & Simmons Country Head of China, said: “Ours is a growing practice in China, and Yongmei’s appointment demonstrates our commitment to China's financial institutions through the delivery of our international network to support their expanding needs as they continue to grow their business globally.”
Jonathan Hammond, Financial Institutions Sector Head at Simmons & Simmons, added: ''I am pleased to welcome Yongmei to our market leading Finance team. Alongside her extensive experience advising Chinese financial institutions, our international clients will benefit from her deep knowledge of financial products and their application in the context of China's constantly evolving regulatory regime.’’
Yongmei is a qualified PRC lawyer and was admitted to the Law Society of England and Wales in 2001.
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has a focus on four industry sectors: Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). The firm’s strategy is designed to ensure we provide our clients with high quality advice and deliver value through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. We have been active in Asia for 30 years. With offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo, we are recognised as one of the leading international full service law firms in Asia.
5. For further information, please contact Mary Willmot, Regional Business Development Manager, Asia on +852 2868 1131 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Sarah Cannon, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at email@example.com