Our Crime, Fraud & Investigations Team Expands
05 Apr 2013
Simmons & Simmons Expands its Leading Crime, Fraud & Investigations group
Simmons & Simmons’ highly rated Crime, Fraud & Investigations group is expanding with the appointment of partner Stephen Gentle in London. Stephen will join the team on 10 June.
Stephen’s practice focuses on white collar criminal and contentious regulatory cases. He has particular expertise in corruption and bribery matters, as well as investigations and proceedings focusing on insider dealing, market misconduct matters and international regulatory issues. He also works on corporate compliance and internal investigations.
Head of Crime, Fraud & Investigations at Simmons & Simmons, Nick Benwell, commented: "Stephen is one of the leading practitioners in the market. I am very much looking forward to working together.’’
Simmons & Simmons’ Senior Partner, Colin Passmore, added: ‘‘We are pleased that a high calibre partner like Stephen is joining our firm. Although I know that Kingsley Napley is sad to see him leave, our firms have worked well together over the years and I’m sure we will continue to do so.’’
Stephen is ranked in both Legal 500 and Chambers legal directory, in the latter as a leading individual in the categories of Corporate, Crime and Investigations, Competition: Cartel Defence and Fraud.
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com
4. The Dispute Resolution team at Simmons & Simmons offers "a very good client-focused service without compromising on the quality," and is praised by clients as being "very good to work with – approachable, reasonable and imaginative." Chambers UK 2013
5. For further information, please contact Daniela Conte, Senior Communications & PR Manager on +44 207 825 4411 or +44 7726 775 707 or at email@example.com