Firm Announces Plans to Open in Luxembourg
24 Nov 2014
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has announced its intention to open a new office in Luxembourg.*
This will service the requirements of clients in the Asset Management & Investment Funds and Financial Institutions sectors, particularly in relation to private funds formation, corporate structuring, UCITS, hedge funds, capital markets, banking, and tax matters.
Stéphane Ober joins the firm as the partner who will lead the new office.* He will be joined by four other new partners*, Louis-Maël Cogis, Viviane De Moreau d'Andoy, José Ignacio Pascual Gutiérrez and Pierre-Régis Dukmedjian, and by a team of associates.
Commenting on the announcement, Simmons & Simmons' Managing Partner Jeremy Hoyland, said: “Luxembourg is one of the largest fund domicile jurisdictions and our opening there is a key development for clients, and for the firm. It enhances our strong Asset Management & Investment Funds and Financial Institutions profile in Europe and is an important step in expanding our international offering to clients in these market-leading practices.”
Colin Leaver, partner and head of the firm’s Asset Management & Investment Funds sector group, added: “by opening in Luxembourg, and with Stéphane joining us, we continue to build upon our strengths. Our strong client base within these sectors will welcome, and immediately benefit from, our opening there. Our new partners complement our existing offering and we are confident of the value they will add to our latest expansion.”
* Subject to regulatory requirements and approval.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
- We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
- Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp.
- Simmons & Simmons is ranked top tier for Investment Funds across all current editions of Chambers Guides to the world's best lawyers.
- Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
- For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at email@example.com or Jodi Young, Head of Bids & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.