Investigations Team Wins Three Awards in One Month
26 Oct 2015
International law firm Simmons & Simmons announces three award wins in the past month alone for work from their market-leading Investigations team.
- Ranked in the top 30 in the Global Investigations Review (GIR) 100 and noted to have ‘earned a position among the world’s top crisis investigations firms’. We are also the only international firm without an on the ground presence in the US, to be listed in the top 30.
- Winner of ‘Best International Firm for Regulatory and Compliance’ for our investigations work in Asia at the China Law and Practice Awards 2015.
- For the second year in a row, Partner Lesli Ligorner received the award for Best in Labour and Employment at the China Law and Practice Awards 2015 also relating specifically to her advice and expertise in investigations.
Crime, Fraud and Investigations partner Nick Benwell comments, “These achievements are truly indicative of the excellent work being done across the network. We’re hugely proud to offer our clients a fantastic team of experts with the experience and knowledge to handle all manner of investigations”.
Employment Partner Simon Watson also comments, “Working on sensitive international investigations is a challenging area of work which is of the highest importance to clients given the significant legal, regulatory and reputational risks involved. We are very pleased to receive this recognition for the range of high profile matters the team has been engaged on”.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Our market-leading Investigations group (‘the group’) provides a comprehensive service to organisations that need to carry out internal investigations or that need support in handling investigations including any subsequent action by external authorities. Investigations may be business critical and are often highly-pressured, cross-border and sensitive.
5. The group has substantial experience in handling the wide range of legal, regulatory and strategic issues to which such investigations give rise across our international network and through strategic partnerships in other jurisdictions where we do not have offices. Our special investigation services include: Competition Investigations; Contentious Financial Regulatory Investigations; Employment Investigations; Environment and Health & Safety Investigations; Fraud and Corruption Investigations; Tax Investigations; Product Liability Investigations.
6. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at email@example.com, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at firstname.lastname@example.org