Firm Expands Financial Markets Practice in Singapore
04 Apr 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands its financial markets practice in Singapore with the appointment of Matthew Cox who joined the firm at the end of last week as a partner.*
Matthew joins the firm from Dentons’ Singapore office where he was managing partner and has accrued over 16 years’ experience having spent his career at the firm in banking and finance. He has experience advising on a wide variety of structured trade products including pre-export finance, advance payment structures, borrowing, supply chain finance, commodity repos and receivables financing. Matthew has a particular focus on international structured trade and commodity finance and financings into emerging markets.
Matthew will be working closely with financial markets partners Dan Marjanovic in Singapore, Jolyon Ellwood-Russell in Hong Kong and Yongmei Cai in Beijing. His arrival adds further depth to the firm’s award winning finance practice in Asia and continues the growth of the firm’s global commodities capability, as the third signing in two years following the arrival of Omar Al-Ali in 2015 and Jolyon Ellwood-Russell in 2014.
Jonathan Hammond, head of the firm’s financial markets group, commented: "Matthew’s appointment is a valuable addition to our continued growth in international markets, particularly for our clients in the financial institutions sector."
Rolfe Hayden, head of the firm’s financial markets group in Asia continued: "As opportunities for international trade increase, Matthew’s expertise will greatly enhance opportunities for our clients and our current offering in trade finance while complimenting experience across our international financial markets team."
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals and personal Singapore registration.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Simmons & Simmons’ trade and commodity finance group is an award-winning practice having most been named the Best Trade Finance Firm in Asia Pacific in the GTR Asia Leaders in Trade 2015 Awards. The poll recognises the achievements of leading professional service providers in the Asia trade finance market, as voted for by corporate readers of Global Trade Review.
4. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
5. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
6. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at email@example.com , or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Enquiries for images of Matthew should be made through the firm’s press office above.