Firm Expands International Financial Markets Group with Two New Hires in Paris
01 Sep 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands in Paris with the appointment of two new partners* today (01 September).
Agnes Rossi joins the firm from King Wood Mallesons. She has significant experience in all aspects of international complex fund structures and regulatory advice, having focused on private equity funds in France over the last 10 years.
Nicolas Duboille joins the firm’s tax group from Granrut Avocats. He has over 16 years’ experience in all aspects of legal tax advice with a particular focus in real estate investments funds and commercial real estate, as well as in structured finance, merger and acquisitions and equity compensation.
Jonathan Hammond, head of the firm’s international financial markets group and financial institutions sector, commented: “We are pleased to welcome both Agnes and Nicolas to our financial markets group. Their arrivals demonstrate our continued investment in financial markets expertise and capability, and provides additional strength to our international client offering, particularly across both the financial institutions and asset management and investment funds sectors.”
Thierry Gontard, head of the firm’s Paris office continued: “Agnes and Nicolas’ appointments are the second and third new partner hires in our Paris office in the space of just a few months following the appointment of Simonetta Giordano. Their combined expertise across both funds and tax complements those of our existing partners who advise throughout French and International markets, providing enhanced value to our clients and the markets in which they operate.”
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at email@example.com , or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Enquiries for images of Agnes and/or Nicolas should be made through the firm’s press office above.