Firm Advises Nimbus and Jorg Berger on the Sale of ebu Umformtechnik to Chinese Xuduan Group
14 Nov 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has advised Dutch private equity investor Nimbus and ebu’s managing director Jörg Berger on the sale of ebu Umformtechnik GmbH to Chinese Xuzhou Metalforming Machine Group Co., Ltd (Xuduan).
Corporate/M&A partner Boris Schilmar commented: “The exceptional experience of our China Desk team in bridging cultural gaps in Sino-European SPA negotiations has clearly contributed to the success of this transaction."
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by Düsseldorf based corporate/M&A partner Dr Boris Schilmar and corporate/M&A counsel Vanessa Nieporte who had already been advising Nimbus together with the firm’s Amsterdam based partner Pieter van Uchelen on previous M&A and restructuring projects. They were assisted by China Desk Manager Yan Sun.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Clients of our corporate practice include national and multinational corporations, leading financial institutions, asset managers and investment funds, governments and industry bodies. With a team of over 250 corporate lawyers based across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we are known for handling complex and innovative domestic and cross-border transactions. Core areas of focus for the UK corporate practice include mergers & acquisitions (including public takeovers), equity capital markets, private equity, joint ventures and strategic alliances, demergers and corporate restructurings, auction sales, investments by hedge funds, commercial and consumer law, corporate governance and general corporate advisory. The ability to service clients operating in highly regulated markets is a common theme across all our work.
4. Our China Desk has been recognised by Acquisition International Magazine with the China-Focused Corporate Law Firm of the Year Germany 2016 award. It’s core team consists of partner Dr Boris Schilmar, counsel Vanessa Nieporte and China Desk Manager Yan Sun.
5. Bayreuth, Bavaria based ebu Umformtechnik is active on all fields of forming technology with a focus on automatic punching presses. In 2012, the company, then known as ebu Burkhardt and insolvent, was bought by Nimbus (90%) and Jörg Berger (10%).
6. Nimbus is a hands-on investor with a focus on companies in special situations. Besides their Zeist, the Netherlands, headquarter, Nimbus also has an office in Munich.
7. Xuduan is a company focussing on intelligent metal forming equipment system integration based in Xuzhou, Jiangsu (China). For Xuduan, the acquisition of ebu Umformtechnik is the first investment outside of China.
8. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
9. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
10. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on + 44 20 7825 3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org , or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com