Firm Wins Asset Management & Funds Law Firm of the Year at the IFN Law Awards 2016
27 Sep 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has been recognised for its market leading work in the area of asset management and funds by the leading and most widely read global Islamic finance publication.
Islamic Finance News commented in their awards citation, "As one of the longest standing international law firms in the Middle East, the firm has over decades built strong on-ground capabilities in various global markets across different areas including fund formation, tax, banking, real estate and Shariah structuring, making it the most accomplished Asset Management & Fund legal firm of 2016.
Muneer Khan, the partner who heads the Middle East and Islamic Finance practices for the firm also added, "This award recognises the significant contribution that Simmons & Simmons has made to the Islamic asset management and investment funds sector. We are at the cutting edge of this growing market and have helped our clients to develop many new and innovative solutions. This award not only reflects our expertise in this area but is also a testament to the strength of our clients.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. Simmons & Simmons has worked in the Middle East for more than 30 years. The firm has offices in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia (through its alliance with Hammad & Al-Mehdar, the leading Saudi Arabian law firm). The Doha office opened in 2003 and we were the first international law firm to be granted a licence to operate independently in Qatar with permission to advise on both Qatar and international law matters.
6. Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international asset management and investment funds team. We have experts in fund formation, financial services regulation, trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions, litigation, taxation, ICT and employment regulation. We have an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry. We have recently been named ‘Leading Law Firm’ at the Hedge Fund Journal Awards 2015 for the fifth consecutive year.
7. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on + 44 20 7825 3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com