Firm Expands its Dispute Resolution Offering in Middle East
22 Jan 2017
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has expanded its dispute resolution practice with the addition of Payam Beheshti, who joins the firm’s Dubai office as a partner on 22 January 2017.
Payam Beheshti joins the firm from Clifford Chance, where he specialised in commercial disputes, contentious regulatory and investigations particularly in the financial institutions sector. He also advises on cyber-crime, data protection, anti-corruption and insolvency litigation matters.
David Risbridger, head of the firm’s regional dispute resolution team in the Middle East, commented; “Payam further enhances our offering here in the Middle East with his focus on financial litigation, including investigations. This complements our strong sector expertise, both in the region and globally, and allows us to provide a full service offering to our financial institution and asset management clients.”
Hans-Hermann Aldenhoff, the firm’s international practice group head, continued: “Payam’s arrival further strengthens our dispute resolution practice globally and follows the hire of Stuart Dutson in London. We continue to focus on our strengths and provide the highest level of advice to clients in our key sectors and Payam’s experience, particularly in the financial institutions sector, is testament to the depth of our expertise.”
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons has worked in the Middle East for more than 30 years. The firm has offices in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia (through its alliance with Hammad & Al-Mehdar, the leading Saudi Arabian law firm). The Doha office opened in 2003 and we were the first international law firm to be granted a licence to operate independently in Qatar with permission to advise on both Qatar and international law matters.
5. For further information, please contact Avnee Trivedy, Communications & PR Manager on + 44 20 7825 4133 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at email@example.com