Alessandro is an associate in the Corporate & Commercial Group in the Milan office.
He provides corporate law advice to private equity, venture capital institutions and investment funds, including leveraged buy outs, management buy outs and buy ins. He also has expertise on the regulatory aspects related to the ordinary corporate activity of listed companies.
Alessandro regularly advises major private Italian and international private equity houses on extraordinary transactions, such as cross-border investments and divestments (either for majority or minority stakes) throughout the relevant process (including club deals and add-on acquisitions), as well as with respect to the setting-up of the relevant close-ended alternative investment funds.
In addition to the above, Alessandro’s work is focused on international corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnership, shareholder and management agreements, across a broad range of industry sectors.
Alessandro has deep and consolidated expertise in establishing Italian branches and offices for foreign investment funds.
- Recent Work
- advising an Italian private equity house, on several acquisitions and disposals including the disposal of an Italian leading company in the production and commercialisation of biostimulants
- advising a leading Italian company operating in the production and supply of earthmoving machines’ components, on the disposal of a relevant minority equity stake in its capital in favour of a US private equity fund
- advising an Italian private equity house on the acquisition and disposal of a leading Italian pharmaceutical and cosmetic packaging company
- advising an Italian private equity house on the acquisition of an Italian logistics company
- advising a French private equity firm on the acquisition of the 100% of the corporate capital of an Italian company leader in the production and sale of linear guides
- advising on the sale of the 65% of the corporate capital of an Italian company operating in the loans market to an Italian bank
- advising a syndicate of investment funds on the disposal of an Italian company leader in the design and production of fluid handling systems and precision aluminum components for the automotive sector to a US investment fund
- advising an Italian listed company in the regulatory and corporate aspects related to the admission to a composition with creditor procedure and the subsequent sale of its going concern.
Alessandro joined Simmons & Simmons' Milan office in 2012.
He graduated cum laude at the Catholic University of Milan and he was admitted to the Milan Bar in 2015.
He speaks English and French.