Alix is a supervising associate in the Crime, Fraud & Investigations group in London and specialises in corporate crime, including corruption, fraud and money laundering. She has extensive experience advising on criminal and regulatory investigations, including acting for both individual and corporate defendants under investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Serious Fraud Office.
Alix is Treasurer of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Recent Work
- representing a UK listed company in response to a Serious Fraud Office investigation into alleged corrupt activity in the Middle East
- conducting independent due diligence of international agency relationships and bribery policies for a leading UK defence company
- acting for a global bank in response to a regulatory investigation into its customer due diligence processes
- advising a UK bank on its crypto-asset policies and procedures in response to developing international regulation
- advising individuals under criminal investigation by the US Department of Justice and UK Serious Fraud Office on issues of bail, evidence, interviewing and co-operation.
Alix joined Simmons & Simmons in 2016 from the litigation department of a leading international law firm in New York. She holds a LL.M. (Master of Law) degree from Harvard Law School.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Alix qualified as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand, where she clerked for Supreme Court Chief Justice Dame Sian Elias and prosecuted criminal offending for the Crown Solicitor and Serious Fraud Office, focusing on fraud and financial crime.