Andrea specialises in private equity and M&A.
Andrea has extensive experience of private equity transactions for both Italian and international funds. He has advised some of the most respected and recognised players on a continuous basis on their acquisitions, disposals and refinancings.
- Recent Work
- advising Charterhouse Capital Partners on the acquisition of Nuova Castelli S.p.A.
- advising Alpitour S.p.A. on the acquisition of Presstours S.p.A.
- advising Chequers Capital XVI on the acquisition of the Rollon Group
- advising Stirling Square Capital Partners on several acquisitions by their portfolio company Viscolube S.p.A.
- advising PM & PARTNERS SGR S.p.A. on the acquisition of the Plastiape Group
- advising Wise SGR S.p.A. on the acquisitions of KIIAN S.p.A. and of Biolchim S.p.A.
- advising Openjob in relation to the acquisition of its competitors Metis S.p.A. and of Corium
- advising Advent International on the disposal of AVIP S.p.A.
Andrea joined Simmons & Simmons in 2008 as a partner in Milan. He is the Italian national practice group head for the firm's corporate and commercial department.
Prior to joining the firm, he was the head of the Italian private equity group at a major international law firm. Andrea was admitted to the Italian bar in 1995.
Andrea is recommended by Chambers for private equity. He is a member of the legal committee of the Italian private equity and venture capital association (AIFI) and a member of the investment committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy. Andrea is also the vice president of the University of Chicago Alumni Club of Italy.
He is the author of several legal publications on civil and commercial law and frequently speaks at major international conferences and Italian universities.