Andrea is the Italy Country Head and leads the Italian Corporate & Commercial practice group as well as the private equity team. He is also a member of the firm's international board.
Andrea specialises in private equity and M&A and has extensive experience of private equity transactions for both Italian and international funds. He has advised some of the most respected and recognised players on a continuous basis on their acquisitions, disposals, restructurings and refinancing’s.
Andrea is recommended by Chambers and Partners for private equity and won the Legal Community Award as Private Equity Lawyer of the Year. He is a member of the Legal Committee of the Italian private equity and venture capital association (AIFI) and of the Investment Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy. Andrea is also the vice president of the University of Chicago Alumni Club of Italy.
He is the author of several legal publications on civil and commercial law and has given speeches at major international conferences and universities.
- Recent Work
- advising an international UK based private equity house on the acquisition of an Italian group active in the food sector
- advising an international UK bank on the disposal of its Italian operations
- advising an international French based private equity house on the acquisition of an Italian industrial group
- advising an Italian private equity house on the acquisition, integration and disposal of a finance company
- advising an Italian private equity house on the acquisition of a medical company
- advising a pool of Italian and international private equity players on the disposal of a group operating in the automotive sector.
Andrea joined Simmons & Simmons in 2008 as a partner in Milan.
Prior to joining the firm, he was the head of the Italian private equity group at a major international law firm.
Andrea was admitted to the Italian bar in 1995.