Dr Anja Schlichting
Anja is a lawyer based in our Düsseldorf office. She specialises in private and public M&A transactions and related corporate law aspects. Anja advises international as well as national clients on cross-border projects. She is part of our ECM group.
- Recent Work
- advising a private equity owned Dutch food manufacturer regarding the acquisition of a competing business in Germany
- advising a leading international asset manager on the acquisition of a minority interest in a Fintech start up
- advising an energy supplier in the bidding process for a minority shareholding in a software provider specialized in the energy market
- advising a producer of closures for liquids, food and cosmetics on the acquisition of a majority shareholding in a company active in trading and distribution in this sector
- advising a financial investor on the opening of a German branch
- legal support during the liquidation of a bank
- advising a British investment fund focussed on solar photovoltaic assets regarding its secondary offering.
Anja studied law with additional studies in common law in Münster, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, and Madrid, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. She graduated in 2012 from Münster University.
Afterwards, she worked on her PhD thesis at the University of Münster. She started working for Simmons & Simmons as a research assistant and worked during her traineeship in the Düsseldorf as well as the London office. In February 2017 Anja joined the Düsseldorf CoComm team as a lawyer.