Cara is a finance lawyer with extensive experience of restructuring, insolvency situations and solvent financings. Her practice encompasses cross-border banking transactions and restructurings in addition to domestic situations. Cara has acted for a broad range of clients including financial institutions, security trustees, insolvency practitioners, debtors and creditors.
- Recent Work
- advising Macquarie Bank on the restructuring of a waste to energy plant in Avonmouth, near Bristol
- advising the National Asset Management Agency of Ireland on its first portfolio disposal of real estate financings involving properties in England, Scotland and the Netherlands
- advising a leading UK bank on the restructuring of its financing of key emergency services assets operational in London
- appointment of administrators to a care home group and advising them on the subsequent sale of the care homes
- advising the security trustee in relation to defaults in a complex ground rent securitisation structure.
Cara joined Simmons & Simmons LLP in 2014, having previously worked at another leading international law firm and a large national firm.
Cara is based in Bristol and is Of Counsel in the banking group, which forms part of the financial markets department.