David is a leading corporate partner acting on mergers and acquisitions, disposals, equity investments, joint ventures, re-financings and re-organisations, equity raisings (public and private) as well as strategic advisory work. He acts for corporates, institutions, PE groups and high net worth individuals both on domestic and international transactions.
His work covers a number of sectors including asset management, financial institutions, life sciences, TMT as well as energy and infrastructure, real estate and consumer/retail. David has spent many years undertaking transactions in Emerging Markets including in particular Africa.
- Recent Work
- acting for a number of financial institutions on the sale of one of Europe’s leading fresh food suppliers, to Baupost with an EV of over £1bn
- acting for a world leading investment company on the sale of an e commerce payment business for £600m to CVC
- acting for the seller on the sale of a world famous toy group
- acting for the seller of a majority stake in Russia’s leading Hypermarket Group, to a consortium led by TPG with an EV of circa $2.5bn
- acting for a lead investor in the consortium investment and acquisition of a 75% stake in a major bank in Nigeria for $750m
- acting for numerous investment groups and corporates on investments, co-investments, exits, joint ventures and re-organisations across Africa
- acting for a leading global pharmaceutical group on its circa $9bn refinancing and re-organisation and eventual sale to a US Pharma company and the sale of a portfolio of European assets to a European listed pharma group
- acting on the public takeover of a major listed food company/a UK Supermarket group and the UK’s leading convenience symbol group by scheme of arrangement
- acting for FTSE 100 Real Estate Company on the then largest joint venture of a single UK real estate portfolio and a leading private RE Group on its investment by Middle East investors and various M&A transactions.
David was previously a senior corporate partner at another international law firm for 15 years where he helped lead their corporate strategy. He founded and co-led their Africa Group amongst others. He was also seconded to GE Equity (part of GE Capital) as the sole lawyer responsible for equity investments and exits in Europe and South Africa.