David Risbridger is a partner based in the UAE and head of the UAE and regional construction and dispute resolution practice. David trained as a quantity surveyor before joining the legal profession and has worked for a number of contractors on both building and civil engineering projects.
Since qualifying as a solicitor, David has specialised in complex disputes with a particular focus on projects and construction work advising on all the issues related to the procurement of major projects and the disputes which arise from such projects. David sits as an arbitrator across the region and has extensive experience in mediation and ADR.
David is quoted in Chambers 2016 as impressing his clients with “his understanding of the practical side and his very good advice”. David is also described in Legal 500 EMEA 2015 as “first rate” and someone “who can operate inside both the legal and commercial issues”.
- Recent Work
- advising the Samsung/Hyundai joint venture on the new build nuclear project in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- advising Abu Dhabi Airport Company (ADAC) on all construction and procurement documentation in relation to the US$4bn new Midfield Terminal Building at Abu Dhabi International Airport
- acting for a major regional contractor in connection with multiple ICC arbitrations
- advising an African government in connection with a major construction dispute
- advising a major insurance client in connection with two complex DIAC arbitrations
- advising a major South Korean contractor on a DIAC arbitration
- advising Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C./LG International Corp on all EPC and O&M issues in connection with a new petrochemical facility in Sohar Oman.
David has a Masters Degree in Construction Law and Arbitration from Kings College London, the leading academic institution in this area. David is a visiting lecturer at the British University in Dubai and has lectured widely on the legal issues faced by the construction industry. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.