Eduardo heads Simmons & Simmons’ employment practice in Spain, advising on both contentious and non-contentious employment issues. Eduardo specialises in advising on cross-border transactions, including issues raised in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and integrations, as well as major international projects, such as restructurings and outsourcing. This includes collective employment issues such as collective bargaining, works council elections, the structure and organisation of European works councils and negotiations linked to reductions in the work force and collective transfers. Eduardo advises a wide range of clients from start-up companies to multinational corporations across all of the firm’s core sectors (Financial Institutions and Asset Management and Investment Funds, and Life Sciences).
- Recent Work
- advising a leading pharmaceutical company on a national reorganisation and workforce reduction across three different areas of work (production sites, headquarter and warehouse)
- advising a global medical devices company on a reorganisation across 14 jurisdictions
- advising a global pharmaceutical products distributor in relation to its litigation against its former General Manager for the breach of her post termination restrictions (non competition and non solicitation)
- providing advice to a car component manufacturer during the closure of its Barcelona and Pamplona production sites
- providing advice to leading supplier of office supplies, solutions and stationery during the closure of its Santa Perpetua (Barcelona plant)
- advising a Dutch insurance Company during the collective layoff affecting its Spanish office
- domestic advice during the implementation of the employment aspects of the crossed merger of four business units among three leading pharmaceutical company, acting for the seller
- advice during the consultation and implementation of the collective agreement for the geographical transfer of the headquarters of a leading Life Science company from Barcelona to Madrid.
Eduardo is praised by clients for "his experience with the unions and his knowledge of the region of Catalonia." He advises on both contentious and non-contentious employment matters. (Chambers Europe 2015).
Eduardo joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in 2013. Previously, he was a partner at a leading international law firm practicing in the Barcelona, Chicago and Palo Alto offices. Eduardo has been a member of the Bar Association of Madrid since 2001.
He publishes frequently in the areas of employment and lectures on Collective Bargaining at the ISDE and UIC.