Elena’s practice focuses predominantly in the areas of administrative law, environmental law, health & safety regulations as well as project finance/project bond and PPP (including the construction and operation of power plants, public infrastructures projects and PPP/PFI schemes). Her recent experience includes assistance in the development/construction, project financing, sale and purchase of transport and infrastructure projects (toll roads, railways and hospitals), renewable and conventional energy projects (wind farms, photovoltaic projects, hydropower plants), both in Italy and abroad, for domestic and foreign companies.
Elena has also significant experience in relation to contracts with public authorities, concession agreements, the local public sector and regulatory regimes for renewable energy sector (green certificates, incentive tariff). She has recently been involved in several project bond emissions relating to the financing of major Italian infrastructures and has also gained expertise in the fields of ports and maritime concessions. Elena has also experience in corporate and company law having assisted client joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements and share purchase agreements.
- Recent Work
- advising a major Czech company operating in the hydropower field in relation to the potential acquisition of several hydro power plants in northern Italy
- advising a primary Italian bank, as Lead Manager, in connection with the issuance by an utility company of 50m 2.70% notes due 2024 addressed to qualified investors outside of the US. The notes are listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- assisting a major French electric utility company in the submission of its offer in relation to the public tender procedure launched by a nuclear plants management company for the awarding of a contract for the transport and disposal of radioactive waste materials
- advising a UK investment company in relation to the bid for the acquisition from a leading global investment firm operating in the energy industry of a 100MW PV plant portfolio in Italy and in relation to a due diligence exercise for the acquisition of a 12MW wind farm in Italy
- advising a SPV, in relation to the over €1bn project bond of a 94km Italian toll road BOT concession
- advising a leading construction group in relation to the set-up of the joint venture in connection with the construction of the new Rome Stadium
- advising a major Italian investment bank in relation to the project bond for the financing of the investment plan relating to the water distribution service concession in Milan
- advising two major Italian banks in relation the project financing of four hydro power plants developed by a leading construction group.
Elena graduated in 2007 from the University of Milan Law school and in 2014 she obtained a Second Level Masters Degree in Public Contracts and Tender Procedures from the Politecnico of Milan. She has worked as an associate in the administrative law department, and as member of the corporate, project finance and regulatory teams of international law firms since 2008.
She was admitted to the Milan Bar in 2011.
Elena has also been seconded to the Italian energy regulator the “Autorità per l'Energia Elettrica il Gas ed il Sistema Idrico” - in the Enforcement and Sanctions Office (Direzione sanzioni e impegni).
Elena is bilingual (English/Italian) and also speaks French fluently.