George advises clients on a wide range of investment fund related matters including structuring and establishing new funds, investor participation in investment funds, and regulatory issues. George focuses on private closed-ended funds, particularly in the private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure and alternatives spaces.
- Recent Work
- secondment to a leading global asset manager– advising on the establishment of infrastructure and private equity funds and managed accounts in a range of jurisdictions, negotiating with investors
- secondment to China International Capital Corporation (Hong Kong Branch) – advising on the establishment of new private equity and real estate fund management businesses and investment funds in a range of jurisdictions, various fund of fund participations across different asset classes, and negotiating investment account mandates
- advising various institutional, governmental investors (such as British Business Bank Investments Limited, European Investment Fund and European Investment Bank) on their participations in all types of closed-end funds, in a range of jurisdictions, including limited partnerships, corporate funds (including cell companies), listed, unlisted, contractual funds, investment trusts and unit trusts. Negotiating bespoke terms of investment and side letters
- advising a number of pension funds, banks and insurance companies on their investments in all types of private funds, and their managed accounts arrangements. Negotiating bespoke terms of investment and side letters
- advising the UK Department of Health on the launch of the world’s first venture capital fund dedicated to financing cures for dementia, the Dementia Discovery Fund
- advising Cheyne Capital on the launch of its Social Property Impact Fund, seeded by investors such as Big Society Capital, for investment in UK property, including various complex listed and feeder sub-structures
- advising Babson Capital Management in relation to its establishment of a €350m special situations global credit fund
- advising a leading renewable energy investment manager on the establishment of a LSE main market listed fund investing in solar power plants across Europe (project on-going)
- advising Chenavari Credit Partners on the establishment of a European private debt fund
- advising a number of charitable foundations and endowment funds on their investments in turnaround and social enterprise funds with a variety of onshore structures.
George qualified as a solicitor in 2012 and is based in London. He is a supervising associate in the firm's Private Funds team.