Dr Harald Glander
Harald is involved in transactional, advisory and regulatory work for financial institutions, asset managers and other businesses operating in the financial services sector.
He is a capital markets, financial services and investment funds specialist advising on the establishment and distribution of open-ended and closed-ended funds, Master-KAG structures, hedge fund regulation and ETFs. He also advises on all other aspects of capital markets, financial services regulation, for instance on derivatives and structured financial instruments, cross-border licences, the registration of EU branches, compliance issues, brokerage and securities trading.
Harald has extensive experience in advising on the regulatory aspects of international M&A and outsourcing transactions.
- Recent Work
- advising Principal Global Investors on the of the acquisition of INTERNOS Global Investors (German real estate AIFMs)
- advising BlackRock on the participation in German / UK digital investment manager Scalable Capital
- advising Allianz Global Investors on the cross-border merger of Rogge into the Allianz corporate structure
- advising Allianz Global Investors on the regulatory reorganisation of their European offices
- advising international asset managers on the Brexit-related establishment of a presence in Germany
- advising a US asset manager on fund structuring for targeting German institutional investors (pension funds).
Harald regularly publishes articles and holds presentations on financial services regulation. He is an author in two commentaries on the German investment law (KAGB). Harald is recommended as a Lawyer in JUVE and Legal 500 for his work in relation to financial services regulation and asset management.
He is based in the Frankfurt office. He studied law at Freie Universität in Berlin and holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of Cape Town and a PhD from the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn.
Before joining Simmons & Simmons in 2011 as a partner, he worked in the financial services and investment funds department of another international law firm in Frankfurt and London.