Helen is a partner in the UK Real Estate Finance practice. She specialises in all aspects of UK and European real estate financings and advises both lenders and borrowers across the spectrum of senior, mezzanine and equity structures. Helen’s unique understanding of clients’ perspectives is drawn from her secondments to investment banks and funds, most recently with a major investment bank in 2017.
- Recent Work
- advising Deutsche Asset Management on a €45m mezzanine facility secured on two French designer outlet centres
- advising a real estate fund on the £560m acquisition of one of London’s largest office buildings, involving the repayment of distressed securitised debt and new senior and listed mezzanine debt
- advising a real estate lender on the refinancing of a French office building following completion of French sauvegarde proceedings
- advising a real estate fund on a £400m facility to finance a mixed use development in London’s West End
- advising a joint venture on an infrastructure facility for one of London’s largest development schemes
Helen trained at another leading international law firm and qualified in its finance division in London in 2004, specialising in real estate finance. She has worked in Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Moscow and has also been seconded to investment bank and fund clients. In January 2018, Helen returned to Simmons & Simmons after a six month secondment to a major investment bank in 2017 and in 2014 she spent eight months covering the in-house counsel role with Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies.
Helen joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in 2017. She is based in London in the Simmons & Simmons banking group which forms part of the financial markets department.