Iain specialises in real estate, having broad experience of all aspects of commercial property with a particular emphasis on real estate investment, landlord and tenant matters, and property-related insolvency and recovery matters. He acts for institutional investors and fund managers, corporate occupiers, insolvency practitioners and government bodies. Specific areas of interest include sustainability issues in the property sector, renewable energy projects and retail property.
Iain is a member of the firm’s Brexit team. Click here for more information.
- Recent Work
- acting for GHG on the property aspects of the £2bn restructuring of the debt secured on a portfolio of BMI hospitals
- advising Ministry of Defence on the £300m development of the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre
- acting for CQS on the acquisition of office premises at One Strand, Trafalgar Square
- acting for LPA Receivers on numerous disposals of all asset types, including prime residential, City offices, development sites, retail and leisure
- acting for Ministry of Defence in relation to the lease to British Solar Renewables of the 69.8 MW Bradenstoke solar park at RAF Lyneham - winner of Project Finance Deal of the Year at the IFLR Europe Awards 2017
- acting for ReAssure on the sale of a portfolio of retail and leisure property.
Iain is a partner in the real estate group, having joined the firm in 1997 and qualified as a solicitor in 1997. He was the lead real estate partner in our Bristol office from its opening in 2012 until autumn 2016. He is a graduate of the University of Cambridge.