Jan-Joost van Rijsbergen
Jan-Joost is a member of the financial markets group in Amsterdam, specialising in bank lending transactions. His practice includes real estate finance transactions, covering all relevant asset classes of real estate (residential, retail, offices, logistics) including construction and development, alternative financing structures (A/B, NPL, Loan-on-loan) and the financing of hotels, healthcare and student housing. Jan-Joost acted for a mix of Dutch banks, international banks and other (non-bank) lenders, as well as real estate investors and real estate debt investors. Jan-Joost is a regular speaker at industry events and is regularly involved in client education, presentations and trainings.
Pertaining to Article 35b, first paragraph of the Dutch Regulations on the Legal Profession, Jan-Joost van Rijsbergen has registered the following field(s) of law with the Dutch Bar Association: Financial law and banking law.
- Recent Work
- acting for a Dutch bank on the financing of the development and acquisition of its new headquarters
- acting for a German bank on the financing of a portfolio of hotels in London, Amsterdam and a number of other cities
- acting for a Dutch bank as arranger of the financing by an international insurance and pension fund of a large number of residential properties
- acting for various debt funds on their bids on and the acquisition of portfolios of non-performing loans
- acting for an international investor on the financing of the acquisition and conversion of various properties to student housing
- acting for an international debt fund on the senior - junior tranching of financing backed by Dutch real estate and an intercreditor arrangement in respect of such senior - junior tranching.
Jan-Joost joined the Simmons & Simmons Amsterdam office as a partner in May 2017. He was previously with a leading international law firm in Amsterdam where he gained over 16 years of experience in banking and finance transactions. He also spent six months on secondment at a major international bank based in The Netherlands and six months on secondment at the London office of a leading international law firm.
Jan-Joost is admitted as a lawyer in The Netherlands and speaks fluent English and Dutch.