Jen Yee Chan
Jen Yee specialises in funds finance, real estate finance, emerging markets finance, general lending and advisory work. She acts for both fund managers and banks. She has led transactions involving fund level/Holdco leverage and net asset value (NAV) facilities as well as bridging, portfolio acquisition and investor call facilities. She has also advised on general partner, manager and co-investment facilities and limited partner debt facilities. In the last 12 months, she has advised on transactions with a total value of more than £1bn.
Her experience covers a wide range of funds, including infrastructure, renewable energy, real estate, large buyout and mid-market funds, venture funds, fund of funds and emerging market funds.
The work she does is both domestic and international with structures based in jurisdictions like Luxembourg, Ireland, Germany, France, Delaware, the Cayman Islands, Jersey, Guernsey and Mauritius. Her dedicated team works closely with our global offices and overseas counsel with expertise in funds finance to provide seamless advice across these jurisdictions.
Jen is recommended in Legal 500 2016 and speaks at industry conferences including those run by the British Venture Capital Association and the Funds Finance Association.
- Recent Work
- advising a multinational banking and financial services company on over ten matters in funds finance, real estate finance and advisory work including a USD300m umbrella subscription facility to a Middle Eastern private equity fund and a USD40m capital call facility to a China focussed real estate fund
- advising a British bank on over 15 matters in funds finance, real estate finance and advisory work; this includes work for an established estate, a portfolio for a leading real estate investment manager and a large care home operator
- advising a leading Canadian bank on a funds/sponsor line to a large US private equity buy-out fund for the acquisition of a global consumer brand
- advising a global private equity firm in a USD 300m NAV based funds finance facility
- advising a Swiss-based asset management company on a wide range of financing matters including a large multi-currency umbrella subscription line, listed loan notes and a back-to-back funds finance facility
- advising a private bank and wealth manager on a simplification and streamlining project for their client terms
- advising an international multi-lateral financial institution on several matters in Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Montenegro and the Ukraine across a wide range of sectors including retail, agriculture and real estate
- advising a leading multinational insurance firm on a real estate investment facility for an office building in prime central London.
Jen Yee Chan joined Simmons & Simmons in January 2017 and prior to that spent over ten years at another global international law firm in London. She is a partner in the banking department and qualified in England and Wales and Singapore.