John advises on a broad range of bilateral, syndicated and structured lending in both developed and developing markets with a particular focus on commodities, trade & export finance, private and retail funds and renewable energy.
John is ranked as a leading individual for trade finance in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Legal 500 UK, and also ranked in the list of leading banking & finance (lenders) lawyers in London in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Chambers and Partners. John speaks regularly at external and internal events.
- Recent Work
- advised Mainstream Renewable Power on a mezzanine financing of its equity contributions for the project financed construction of two windfarms in Chile
- advised lender on €430m hybrid funds finance facility to a credit fund, secured on capital call rights and a fluctuating portfolio of leveraged loan and bond interests
- advised lender on €350m asset backed funds finance facility secured on portfolio of assets in the sports, media and entertainment sectors
- advised African Mobile Networks on debt financing from the European Investment Bank and others to build rural mobile tower networks in Cameroon and East D.R. Congo
- advised Freepoint Commodities LLC in connection with its US$1.3b committed borrowing base revolver
- advised AIG on their partnership with PrimeRevenue to provide an innovative supply chain finance platform for the sub-investment grade market.
- Previous Projects
John joined Simmons & Simmons in 1999 and qualified in 2001, becoming a partner in 2011.