Joseph Lee is a partner in the corporate & commercial group in Hong Kong. He focuses his practice on general corporate, corporate finance and securities transactions, with emphasis on initial public offerings related to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. He also serves as counsel to numerous Hong Kong based companies on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity transactions. In addition, he has extensive experience with corporate restructurings and reorganisations, corporate governance, compliance, securities laws, and Hong Kong listing rules.
- Recent Work
- advising New World Development Company Limited on its disposal of hotels and shopping mall in Shanghai to a connected person for RMB1.85bn
- advising Forever Top (Asia) Limited and its consortium of investors as underwriters on US$90m open offer of new shares of i-CABLE Communications Limited to its existing shareholders as part of the acquisition of and capital injection into i-CABLE Communications Limited by Forever Top (Asia) Limited
- advising Cosmic Leader Holdings Limited as offeror on US$55m acquisition of 65.04% interest in Jimei International Entertainment Group Limited (now known as Starlight Culture Entertainment Group Limited) and US$30m mandatory unconditional cash offer by Zhongtai International Capital Limited on behalf of Cosmic Leader Holdings Limited
- advising Suchuang Gas Corporation Limited as issuer on US$55m offering of shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, underwritten by BNP Paribas, Haitong International and CIMB
- advising Newton Resources Ltd as issuer on US$225m offering of shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, underwritten by Citi, Macquarie and BOCOM International
- advising Advanced Card System Holdings Limited (now known as HNA Technology Investments Holdings Limited) on its transfer of listing from the Growth Enterprise Market in Hong Kong to the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- advising Wison Engineering Services Co. Ltd. as issuer on US$240m offering of shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, underwritten by Citi, Deutsche Bank, BOCOM International, UBS and CITIC Securities
- advising Vision Fame International Holding Limited on its US$295m placement of shares and convertible bonds.
Named a leader in his field by Chambers Asia and Asia Pacific Legal 500, Joseph earned his JD (with distinction) and MBA from University of Alberta and his LLM from City University of Hong Kong. He is admitted to practice in Hong Kong and British Columbia.