Kim Farrar has extensive experience in cross-border transactional work, in particular, corporate and projects work, with a focus on the energy and infrastructure and maritime sectors. Kim has recently advised clients on their potential acquisitions in the oil and gas sector and on joint venture arrangements. She also has experience of acting for developers of infrastructure and power projects.
- Recent Work
- Singapore based sponsor on the development of a US$1.4bn deepwater port project located in the Lagos Free Trade Zone
- Sri Lankan construction company on its joint venture arrangements with a Singapore investment company for the construction and operation of a resort in the Maldives
- a clean energy asset manager in relation to its EPC and O&M arrangements for a solar pv project in the Philippines
- London based hedge fund managers on an US$80m co-investment in a Singapore registered business trust
- Malaysian development financial institution on its potential investment in oil and gas assets located in Western Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Indonesia
- ASX-listed energy company on its proposed development of two coal-fired powerplants in Eastern Africa
- Malaysian-listed offshore support services provider on its acquisition of 97.1% of the outstanding shares in a Norwegian-listed entity.
Kim joined the Singapore office of Simmons & Simmons in September 2014 having previously been an associate in another international law firm in Singapore. Kim is admitted as a member of the Law Society of England and Wales.