Lara Lucy Kalina
Lara Lucy is a lawyer based in our Düsseldorf office. She advises national and international clients on issues of individual and collective labour law with particular focus on contracting and the implementation of collective measures that are subject to co-determination rights.
- Recent Work
- advising an automotive company on the negotiation of a reconciliation of interest and social plan in the course of an operational change, and the implementation of the subsequent notification of mass redundancies
- advising an industrial company regarding the planning and implementation of a relocation of sales units
- advising of an industrial company in the context of a business shutdown and subsequent dismissal protection proceedings
- advising of an industrial company, in particular with regard to the drafting of contracts, introduction of a bonus system and co-determination of the works council
- advising of an investment bank regarding various issues of individual employment law
- conducting an internal investigation at a bank concerning potential misconduct of a director
- advising a personnel service provider on the reform of the Temporary Employment Act and drafting of framework agreements
- advising a medical device manufacturer on the relocation of production branches.
Lara studied law at Heinrich-Heine University in Düsseldorf with focus on employment law. During her studies she worked as a student assistant in the legal department of an energy supply company. Before she started her legal traineeship, she worked for a leading international auditing company in the employment law department.
Lara joined Simmons & Simmons in October 2015, first as a research assistant and trainee lawyer, then became a lawyer.