Lesley is a managing associate in the Corporate Group in London. She has wide range of corporate experience including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, investments and reorganisations across a variety of sectors, and specialises in M&A and joint ventures for clients in the asset management and investment funds sector. She has experience advising on complex transaction structuring and related corporate governance issues. Lesley also spent four years working in the firm’s Hong Kong office as a member of the China Corporate Group, where she focused on cross-border M&A and joint ventures in emerging markets.
- Recent Work
- advising APG on the formation of a real estate fund, and the acquisition of a residential property portfolio worth approximately £349.4m
- advising GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, on its investment in Rothesay Life Ltd and its joint venture arrangements with co-owners Blackstone and Goldman Sachs
- advising Brookfield Asset Management on the disposal of a 30% stake in Peterborough Hospital, a UK health PFI Project, to John Laing Infrastructure
- advising Macquarie Capital as financial investor in a UK solar investment structure
- advising Principal Global Investors, the asset management arm of Principal Financial Services, Inc, on the acquisition of INTERNOS, a London-based European real estate investment manager with $3.25bn in assets under management
- advising Orion Resource Partners on its partnership with Fusion Capital AG and the acquisition of the SASA mine in Macedonia, and the subsequent disposal of the mine to Central Asia Metals Limited
- advising JPMorgan as financial adviser to China Merchant Bank on its US$4.66bn takeover of Wing Lung Bank.
Lesley joined Simmons & Simmons in 2005 as a trainee solicitor, and qualified into the Corporate group in 2007. Lesley spent four years in the firm’s Hong Kong office, and in 2016 spent six months on secondment to the M&A legal team of Barclays Bank in London.